Monday, October 13, 2008

an update on clown baby

he's been ripped from my fingers due to the evil dictator of the CCA.
really, i just asked if i could keep him and the manager said no.
I'm crafting a strongly worded letter that will go over the following talking points:
  • I've been crying off and on for three days straight
  • I'm VERY attached to him
  • he's been neutered; no "spraying" will occur
  • I'll pay an increased security deposit asap
  • I'll consider paying more per month and increasing my lease
  • I've been crying a lot
  • pending the decision, "we" may have to make a decision about what to do when the remaining four months of our lease is up.
  • the crying was about three solid days of puffy eyes and running noses.

I don't know if this is going to work. I plan on googling "how to get what you want" or something along the lines of writing a persuasive letter. And, so, hopefully, they'll reconsider.

Its a lesson in sometimes you have to ask for what you want. And, sometimes, if the first answer is no, you have to ask a little more. And, then, if they still say no, you move.

Invaluable lesson, that one.

1 comment:

Juliette said...

Don't offer to pay more a month. The extra security deposit is a good one though. I'll pray that he listens to reason and has sympathy for you.
I'm so sorry but hopefully Clown Baby isn't too far away and you can visit often.