Thursday, October 23, 2008

a blog to get me current

oh, hello my lovelies!
Well, these past few weeks have been so full. Here are a few of the highlights:

  • Fireworks. Oh, happy day, last Saturday night Redding skies were finally lit up with fireworks, and this time, no backdraft warning! This made me super happy! I LOVE fireworks, so nothing made me more excited than to get dressed to the nines (well, not really, just in my uggs, scarf, puffer, and snowcap) and go out to the semi-damp field over at sequoia middle school, lay down on a blanket, snuggle up next to my favorite little fleck kids and be shocked and awed by the display. Next on the agenda: petition the HECK out of the Redding City Council to increase their fireworks budget by 100% so that next year we can have two fireworks nights: July 4th and October 18th. Now that I have gotten a taste for fireworks on random fall nights, my thirst will remain unquenched. (? does that even make sense?)
  • Clown Baby. Oh, sadder day. He is now the clown that shall remain nameless. He's no longer my baby. Last night, I told Niki they should probably change his name b/c Clown Baby is the type of name I would name a cat and if he's not going to be my cat, he probably shouldn't have that name. I just said that "ass-clown" probably isn't the best name to keep calling him. He'll get confused and feel like he's not that important. Which he is.
  • Antiquing. Delicious! The beautiful Tara is going antiquing on Saturday while i run around with the kids. (which also is one of my FAVORITE pasttimes!) I asked her to make a list of all the places that she goes...appartenly Shasta Lake City is a hub for antiquing, and as I have decided that 2008 is the year that I get some hobbies, I've also decided that antiquing and refurbishing items will be one of my hobbies. Unfortunately, it takes money, and right now, while i don't have tons, I do have some. So, in a few weeks, I'm going to take what little money I have and go bargain-hunting in the SLC.
  • Budget: going well. I'm sticking to it. Although, I just made some Friday night plans with Abby to go over to Vinters and the Eatery so hopefully my budget will be enough to get me through a beer at each place and not send me into the poor house. Also, in terms of budgeting, I decided, since with my debt snowball, its going to take me til May 2013 to pay off everything (including student loans) I need to get serious about my budget and really take into account the things that I haven't yet thought of. Things I don't currently account for in my budget are: flights home during the holidays (super expensive! 300? what? i'd rather take the 17 hour amtrak ride up there), saving for my schwin so i can ride to work instead of pollute the air with my crazy insane gas-guzzler, CLASSIC 85 volv, gifts for things like christmas, birthdays, christenings and bosses day (oh wait, I'm supposed to get gifts on bosses day...awes.), my rafting trip to Chile (that i would rather do on my honeymoon, but as i am currently unattached, i'd rather save for it and do it while i'm young because who wouldn't want to go rafting in Chile) and many more things that I've yet to think of. So, really, i am a brand new budget virgin, and have yet to fully grasp how interwoven it all is with everything i spend.

In other news, it really is going to be until May 2013 til i have my debt paid off completely, taking into account minimum payments with the debt snowball. That's not too long, when you really think about it. And, I will knock off a lot of that when I get things like my income tax return, etc. Yummo. Remember in elementary school when you had those links of paper that would give you a visual of how many days to Thanksgiving break or Christmas break or summer break? I think i'm going to make one of those to when i'm going to be debt free. Its going to be 1650 days until May 1, 2013. I'm going to circle it around my apartment to be a visual on how close (or not so close) I'm getting. Boo-yah. (well, i won't really do it, because it will take a lot of time and effort to make it. But, if someone wants to send me a 1650-link chain, please do! :)

And, thanks to my new roommate, i have a hairstylist (which saves me on hair every six weeks) and she is a great resource for finding good shirts at Target. So, fashion and hair in one! i'm a lucky girl.

Finally, straw poll time: if you've been crushing on someone for a long time: tell or don't tell? Rejection or possible Love of Your Life/Honeymoon in Chile on a raft in class 5 rapids/possible death?

I really want to know the thoughts out there.

3 comments:

Juliette said...

Tell - or tell me at least and then I'll tell you whether you should tell him :) And rafting in Chile sounds awesome. I love the debt snowball (we are t-19 months to debt freedom) but I agree that you need to plan for fun things too. So start saving for Chile and trips home just do it in a balanced way so you're still paying off your debt as well.
Hope to see you on Saturday!

Nikole Patricia said...

Go for it! Take the risk!
...for the record kitty was only reffered to as "ass clown" when he bites hard enough to draw blood. Which you must admit is an appropriate time for name calling...

Sarah said...

hmm yes..travel...leave this country and go have fun...money is trivial when it comes to having fun in other countries..i should know!..haha...so yes I will be back next Tues..I promise..and thanks for the grand update..now i'm updated on the life of shelby..fabulous..you're great!