Thursday, October 2, 2008

do you ever have mornings when you don't really want to go to work?

i do.
more like, i have mornings when i am late to work, and then the same morning turns into a morning where i don't want to start working.
so, i sit at the computer.
  • look at blogs. maybe comment on blogs.
  • check my bank account balance. (get angry at financial peace university for making me do things that are really hard, but good for me anyway.)
  • check my envelope balance. (I spent 12.5% of my budget yesterday on tylenol at target. Niki says i needed the tylenol (she's right...hello pms!) and it'll last me for a long time. i agree. but that doesn't stop me from getting angry that now i only have 87.5% of my food budget left. I'm going to try and not spend any of it. It'll be my food/david kahn jean budget (or food/michael kors purse budget). because, if i don't use it for food, then i can save it, get skinnier the good, old fashioned way mom used to, and then i can buy jeans. and, i'm "saving" for the jeans...which in essence is a fpu principle, right?!?)
  • search the internet for places i can sell some of my shoes (to build up my 1000 emergency fund).
  • check blogs again.
  • clean my desk off.
  • ignore some phone calls, but promptly check my voicemail.
and finally, at 8am decide to make the committment to start work that day.

dang it. who said working was all it was cracked up to be, especially on a day like today, when i would've loved to just stay in bed. (side-note: whoever becomes my main man: he better like working smarter, not harder, so that we have enough quality time, and i can work for the fun of it...that's my dream...let's see if it will happen)

and, here's my forewarning to the world wide web and all those on it: the first day it rains in redding, i'm calling in sick that day. that's a day for pure enjoyment. i'm going to put on my rain jacket (the one with the fuzzy, furry hood) and go down to the sundial, and walk around and get sopping wet. So don't try to find me if its the first day of rain...unless you want to come out walking with me in your rainjacket. Then, by all means, holler at your girl. We'll get wet, and potentially also the first colds of the season. what could be better?

1 comment:

Anna said...

You crack me up! Were we supposed to start doing our envelopes already? How did I miss that? I'm there with you on the rainy day! I won't be working either (well hopefully). I love the rain so bring it on this year!!! :)