Wednesday, October 1, 2008

me and tim.

so, for a while now, I have been seeing this really nice, down syndrome kid (maybe 19 or 20) in our apartment complex. I know he lives near the front of the complex, but don't know if he lives alone, or has family or what.
all i know is that usually i will see him ever few days, wave at him and then drive off.
not this morning.
this morning, i was running all too late, realized that the trash in both the bathroom and the kitchen needed to be taken out, so, good roommate that i am, i grabbed them on my way out the door.
immediately when exiting my house, there was my down syndrome, front-of-the-complex friend, very intently putting things in the dumpster.

Me: Good Morning. What do you have there? (putting my garbage in the dumpster)
Friendly down syndrome front-of-the-complex friend: A vacuum. it broke.
M: that's too bad. (turning around to go back to my car)
FDSF-o-t-CF: They always break when i get them home.
M: you should take it back and return it. (walking closer back to my car)
FDSF-o-t-CF: Hey, what is your name?
M:(turning around) Shelby. What is yours.
FDSF-o-t-CF: Tim
M: Its good to meet you Tim!
Tim: I am real sleepy today. I'm coming home at 3:30 because I am so tired. Maybe I can come over and sleep with you tonight.
M: (smiling) Thanks Tim, that's really nice. I think I have to work late though tonight.
Tim: I have a lot of Cd's in my room. You can come over and see them. Can I come over later on.
M: I'll have to check with my roommate... Have a good day Tim!
Tim: you too.

So, i now have a good friend named Tim. I don't think I will be around for him to come and sleep over, but at least I have a friend to look for and wave to!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Shelby,
It's Nicole! I have been looking for you for the longest time. I tried finding you on myspace but you were gone. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are. How are you?

Juliette said...

This is my favorite part -
FDSF-o-t-CF

Nice acronym! :)