Friday, October 3, 2008

its the first rain of the year

and, unfortunately, i didn't get to call in sick and enjoy it.
why?
cause it started raining when i was at work!
one of my previous blogs stated that i would call in sick the first rainy day of the winter. i even told my boss yesterday that when the first rainy day came, she shouldn't expect me to come in, to which she replied that it was going to rain tomorrow and i better be at work.
well, i was and it did.
so, after work, i fully intend to put on my socks and my birk clogs and my much-beloved puffer and go down to the sundial. i will romp around in puddles like rompings never been done before.

and, side-note: this morning i cracked. i called off the moratorium on spending and went to starbucks for a psl. (again, i say ptl for the psl!) Shortly after i brought the drink of life back to work did my other boss call through and ask for starbucks orders from the rest of my coworkers. I could've gotten a free drink if I'd been patient. instead, i was fidgety and thought i could do the best for myself by doing everything myself. I just spent 17.5% of my budget on a delicious coffee drink and pastry. that, combined with the Tylenol is 30% of my budget. Oh well. I'm not starving...i just need to learn a little patience.

No comments: