Friday, December 12, 2008

this one is for elaine...

I was cleaning my office this morning getting ready to host some people in our ESA corporate office and came across a cherished momento. A few years back, for my birthday, i got the best present. It was a mousepad with a picture of a monkey dressed up as a business person, wearing a suit and tie, sitting at a desk, staring at a computer screen and laughing.

In the tradition of all those motivational posters that have one word on it, and then a little saying like:
LEAD
You never know who is watching
or
SRENGTH
When you don't have it, you rely on those around you.
My monkey-suited mousepad had this on it:
THINK
It's the people with ideas who get ahead. Of course, if management tries their ideas and they don't work, those people get fired. So think, but keep it to yourself.
Classic. Definately, in my previous employment history that has rung true. In the tradition of toasting: "here's to jobs that you can look at that and laugh, instead of look at it and laugh to keep from crying."

3 comments:

Me Minami said...

A blog dedicated to me. So special.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

can you tell me where you got this mousepad? The same mousepad mysteriously appeared on my desk @ work one day and I am trying to find them so that I can purchase some.