Friday, November 28, 2008

another blog to get me current...

oh man...what a rough road of sickness i've been on these past few days. 

last friday, for the third time in a week, i had gone to target to again visit the cold & flu section...i swear, the pharmacists must've thought that i was operating my own little meth lab. I'd been there so many times there was no other option but to think that. (well...they could think that i was a stubborn girl who was refusing to go to the doctor...about that they were absolutely correct.)

on Saturday i was trying to wage the war on my illness in my mind...i went over the whole "power of positive thinking" argument in my mind and knew that if i could just tell myself i was feeling better, even if it wasn't true, it would surely follow. 

it didn't. i mean it did for a few days until this horrible sore throat and insane nose problem started up on Monday.

on Tuesday, i coughed and wheezed and hacked through a late-night showing of twilight and decided  that being sick like i had been was not worth it any longer. i was going to bite the bullet and finally see a health practitioner. 

was i glad that i did! diagnosis: acute bronchitis. prescription: azithromyocin, forever now known to me as the "i have a will to live again" miracle drug. 

thanksgiving: wonderful. day after thanksgiving: great so far... fun times planned for this evening. 

in other news...i have decided on two of my new favorite TV shows. if I'm in the mood to be really touched and probably cry a lot: Celebrity Rehab on VH1. it's just so touching when all of them start talking abut their addictions. really, i cry like a baby when i watch that show. and, when I'm in the mood for a nice foreign comedy: Summer Heights High on HBO. I swear...after the British Office and Extras, its brilliant. I would be friends w/ Jai'me if I lived in New Zealand. 

and finally, clown baby and i apparently still have some of the same issues as we did when we lived together. i went over to the house today to look at a pair of skinny jeans and he played scratching post with my arm. now i have some beautiful little love scratches...i  feel like maybe its my personality clashing with his. i feel like i automatically bring out the feisty in people. is that a good thing? i think so...maybe i need to be more serious. 

maybe tonight when i go out i'll try out "super-serious shelby" and charm everyone i meet by being melancholy and brooding. 

actually...i don't think that will work for me. so, i'm not going to. decision made.  this is the second straight day its felt like saturday to me. i wish church really was tomorrow night. 

4 comments:

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

today--saturday--i am going to give thanks for the wonder that is shelby schwitters and the fact that i will get to see her (and her bronchitis defeating will-to-live) at church tomorrow night. yes shelby, it really IS tomorrow night.

bETH vAUGHN said...

super-serious shelby...ha..does it exist?
I'm glad you finally went to the doctor though friend..hope you are now on the mend. Hope tonight wasn't so awful and you didn't cry too much...I'll be back soon..don't worry:)

Sarah said...

ummm..that last comment was actually from me not Beth..oops! haha