Friday, March 27, 2009

ladies of leisure

Yesterday i left work around 3, 3:15 because i had completed absolutely everything that i hoped to accomplish.

Drove the volv home, and as i drove home, wondered if the mail had come, and if it had brought me anything interesting. (Checking the mail has become a new hobby of mine...now that i'm not scared anymore about all the bills that come in the mail, i find getting the mail to be an exhilerating experience.)

So, as i drove into the parking lot, i see the mail truck. Bingo! Maybe my UsWeekly will have come...or the PGE bill so that i can update my budget.

I parked, went inside, and put down my stuff, all in anticipation to go right back outside to get the mail.

And, as i opened the door, i realized something...the only people walking to check their mailboxes at 3:15 on a sunny Thursday afternoon are the silver-haired bettys who live alone in the apartment complex. Sersiously, there were 3 oldies-but-goodies walking and driving to get their mail.

So...i laughed at myself a little bit...as i had just joined their club. And started singing B-town's "All My Single Ladies"...and imagined what they would look like as my backup dancers if i were ever to do a music video to that song.

Scary.

No comments: