Saturday, May 16, 2009

the most preciousest moments

are stolen moments with the babies. today, derrick and danielle are doing stuff around town and so i'm hanging out w. the kiddies, watching alice in wonderland. (aside: i was never a big fan of alice in wonderland...there are parts which are so scary!)
just as the movie began, zoe finsished her juice, came over to give it to me, and as she walked back to her bean bag, i said...
me: hey zoe
zoe: what?
me: i love you.
zoe: mry mub you.
i love her english right now...you can tell she's trying so hard. she gets the phonetics of words correct...i liken listening to her like playing that game where there are all those common phrases but they are spelled differently (obviously i can't remember the name of the game, or else i wouldn't have felt the need to ambiguously describe it...). when listening to zo, you have to just imagine what she'd probably be saying in the context and then just go with what seems most probable.

life updates:
nothing much to note. i'm excited for the summer...if only i could get paid without having to work. payday is my most favorite day. i love spending a few minutes with my budget binder figuring out how much i need to put into savings (sidenote: i'm getting super frustrated with myself...its almost like i view my savings as my neverending clothes fund. "i can always pay my savings back next paycheck...i really need summer clothes or a month of tanning or insert-must-have-item-here" really?!?! really, do i really need everything that i think i do? no...that's what got me into this mess in the first place.). so...savings has almost been completely replenished from the failed trip to Seattle...and now its back to paying off the scooter. I almost think it may be wroth it to get it in semi-running order, drive it out to RYS and get them to fix everything that needs fixing and then sell it...instead of fixing everything myself. i'm not much of a mechanic...although i like to think i can do anything, sometimes i just can't. with roommate and D&D reminding me this is the season to sell it, i really do need to get it done asap.

I'm always surprised by my procrastination in my personal life. Usually i will put something off if i feel like the thing i need to do is too difficult, or put off talking with someone because i feel like i've failed them...its totally a personality flaw. As i found with registering my car after it hadn't been registered for a while, things usually are not as difficult as I make them out to be in my mind. I just need to get to the point where i just go ape and attack my problem. And that's when i find that my problem isn't that bad...no reason to be scared...just do it.

I just sneezed two times. Do i have allergies? I wish. That would be fun. Sneezing always has been my favorite activity...its just so fun to sneeze. I wonder...does anyone feel the same as i do about sneezing?

Rodeo these past few days...i think i'm glad that the rodeo is done for the year. Its fun when it comes to town, but in the grand scheme of things, I can only deal with too many rodeos. Its always funny to me that you don't see any cowboys at these things who come from New York or Seattle or San Francisco...its all rural Oregon, Cut Bank MT (which is near Shelby MT, in case you really wanted to know...), Cottonwood CA, and all the other UT and ID rural areas...I wish above all that there was just ONE cowboy from Seattle. I would maul him. Well, as long as he's tall and blond and has been around enough Southerners to have a little bit of an accent. I would die.

I wish Sun Oaks was free. And i wish that tanning was free and good-for-you i.e., no chance of premature aging of the skin or skin cancer. And I wish toucan tans had longer hours and more parking.

This is quickly becoming a "things Shelby wishes for" blog:
zoe will always talk like she does now
an emergency fund that won't let me withdraw any money from it
a fixed scooter
a sold scooter
allergies
a cosmopolitan cowboy
free gym membership
tanning with the promise of enough parking and no negative ramifications

Ok, this blog is slowly getting out of control. I'm going to stop now before i start rambling about truly random things, as if everything prior hasn't been random enough.

ALthough, one more random thing: can i just say...i love paying cash for things...Not using my debit card as much anymore has been a budget saver. And, i love when i get change back and then roll my change. If i've learned anything about myself in the past few years, its been that i'm a true nerd. Gotta love it though...

1 comment:

Fleck, the Mrs. said...

a few things...1) Alice in Wonderland is the bomb! Best animated Disney movie of all time. You need to acquire an appreciation. 2) Zoe's talking right now, precious...I agree. So sad to think that by the end of the summer she'll probably have the whole talking gig down and not say those cute little mumbles anymore - and finally 3) You do not want allergies! They SUCK. If allergies were only sneezing it might be fun...but the gooey, itchy eyes, itchy runny nose, congestion and being miserable anytime the wind blows is no good! So count yourself lucky instead of being in want. :)